Looking for Shure SE215 alternatives for sleep
Dec 26, 2023 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Irongrave

New Head-Fier
Howdy!

I've had 3 pairs of Shure SE215s now, all used while sleeping. The low profile, silicone tips (my ears hate foam) and noise isolation along with the boosted bass have helped my autistic ass to sleep through the antics of boomer parents and noisy neighbors many times.

My issue is, the design of the SE215 where the cable "snaps" into the bud, always seems to come loose.

Is there something comparable without an obnoxiously flimsy connection at the bud? The most critical factors are low profile for sleep, isolation, comfort, and a decent amount of bass, in that order.

Budget is ideally <= $200.

Dec 26, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 2
Howdy!

I've had 3 pairs of Shure SE215s now, all used while sleeping. The low profile, silicone tips (my ears hate foam) and noise isolation along with the boosted bass have helped my autistic ass to sleep through the antics of boomer parents and noisy neighbors many times.

My issue is, the design of the SE215 where the cable "snaps" into the bud, always seems to come loose.

Is there something comparable without an obnoxiously flimsy connection at the bud? The most critical factors are low profile for sleep, isolation, comfort, and a decent amount of bass, in that order.

Budget is ideally <= $200.
I use the FiiO 4.4mm cable on my SE535s. It's a tight fit, but once in place it doesn't swivel so it's easy to insert the earphone in my ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back