Looking for Shure SE210 replacement
Jan 31, 2016 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BlackLotus

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a recommendation to replace my worn out Shure SE210, which are now beginning to fall apart. They have been my only headphones for a couple of years now and i was completely happy with them. If they were still available, i'd probably just buy another pair.

The SE215 are not an option for me, as they cannot be worn straight down. (Yes, i did wear the SE210 "the wrong way" :wink: I recently bought the ADV.SOUND M4 on Kickstarter, but unfortunately they are not ideal for the music styles i listen to, for which they sound rather "bland" to me.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Requirements
- IEM
- Wearable straight down
- Excellent noise isolation
- No sound leakage to the outside
- Compatible with foam "black olives"
- Nice fit in the ear, not falling out while jogging
- Good build quality, able to withstand daily use, being thrown in the backpack, etc.
- Nice bass, but not too extreme.
- Clarity on vocals
- Simple design, preferrably black, no shiny plastic, etc.

Music
- Electronic (mainly Vocal Trance, Synthpop and Electronica) 25%
- Metal (mainly Symphonic and Power metal) 25%
- Rock 15%
- Pop/Charts 15%
- Other (Classical, Hip-Hop, Movie Soundtracks) 10%
- Watching videos 10%

Used for
- Office
- Daily commute
- Long distance air travel
- Jogging

Thanks,
Mike

Mar 6, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 6
  I'd say up to $150, but could spend more if necessary.

There are quite a few in your price range. Just a few of those might be: Fidue A73, Dunu DN-1000, VSONIC GR07, HiFiMAN RE-400, Yamaha EPH-M100, Etymotic HF5. You might read about some or all of these and see what you think. They all have different strengths and weaknesses. Check them out. See what you think. Maybe one will suit you. Good luck!

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #6 of 6
Like the OP, I'm looking for something to replace my SE210 which broke after many years of love and abuse. I listen to a huge range of music (classical, rock, metal, electoronic, trance, triphop, jazz), so all-rounders are important to me. Within the realms of classical music and jazz, I especially love listening to the violin. I had been planning on getting the SE215, but then learnt that it sounds very different to the SE210 and probably isn't right for what I'm after.
I don't have a lot of experience with different 'phones - my current IEMs are TDK BA100, which I don't rate highly and are nowhere near as good as some reviews led me to believe (in fact, I don't even think they are the same product). I bought them to tide me over because they were cheap.

My budget is flexible, but £60 - £100 is the preferred price range.

I appreciate there are several options listed above, and I am looking into them. I just thought there might be something else out there too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back