Looking for replacement/upgrade for Clip+
Mar 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:
Have you tried to reproduce any of my problems? For example with huge (3MB+) cover art.
Or skipping many folders in turn by using the short+long-press left/right (mine freezes when I do that quickly).
I'm only using FLAC btw.

3MB cover art? Why on earth would you have it that big? And is yours embedded?
And that skipping many folders like you describe is something I never do....I use the tag database.

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #33 of 34
3MB is the format it came with. High resolution god-tier of cover art. Big enough for even 4k displays... if I had one.
I have a few songs with somewhat large embedded cover art, they all take 2-3 seconds to load - each.
The folder with the 3MB+ covers took over 8 seconds per song.

Sorting and navigating via folders is the primary reason I am using this device (aside from the sound quality). I like to listen to a continuous stream of music and only start in one specific place of my choosing.

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:
what difference (good/bad) does embedded artwork make? all mine is embedded. just find it neater within folders. works fine on ios.

I thought it might make a difference in thte loading time he referred to, but it might not. All mine is embedded.
Quote:
3MB is the format it came with. High resolution god-tier of cover art. Big enough for even 4k displays... if I had one.
I have a few songs with somewhat large embedded cover art, they all take 2-3 seconds to load - each.
The folder with the 3MB+ covers took over 8 seconds per song.

Sorting and navigating via folders is the primary reason I am using this device (aside from the sound quality). I like to listen to a continuous stream of music and only start in one specific place of my choosing.

Without Rockbox, the device can't handle cover art over 100kb in size.....it's only due to RB that a file such as you describe will work at all. As to the folders, I don't have time to ponder that.....have to run off to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back