Looking for replacement for Kingston HyperX Cloud for gaming purposes
Feb 6, 2017 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

mbze430

New Head-Fier
I have the original HyperX Cloud for about 2 years now.  It is starting to fall apart (the bands are super loose).

I am looking for an "upgrade" to those.  Suggestions?  Budget is up to $500.

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #2 of 13
My preferred headphone for all audio is the Beyerdynamic T90 :)
What do you plug your headphones into and do you have a DAC/amp?

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #3 of 13
for what are you going to use the headphones.
do they have to be for gaming or just listing music 
and do you have an amp or are you planning on buying one. 
lastly can they be open or do they have to be closed.

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 13
  My preferred headphone for all audio is the Beyerdynamic T90 :)
What do you plug your headphones into and do you have a DAC/amp?

Well I own a Audeze LCD-3, but that isn't exactly my choice for gaming.
  for what are you going to use the headphones.
do they have to be for gaming or just listing music 
and do you have an amp or are you planning on buying one. 
lastly can they be open or do they have to be closed.

specifically for gaming...

I have Audeze LCD-3 for listening.  I need one for specifically for gaming.  with a boom mic.  closed is preferred.  like i said mostly to replace the HyperX Cloud that I have, with better quality.

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #9 of 13
  I have the original HyperX Cloud for about 2 years now.  It is starting to fall apart (the bands are super loose).

I am looking for an "upgrade" to those.  Suggestions?  Budget is up to $500.

I looked in to Modmic... that might be my answer then.  If I go that route than I want to get the Focal Elear w/ModMic as my gaming rig.

Looks like your budget just doubled!
eek.gif

I think the Elear would be overkill for gaming TBH,and a bit of a waste of cash.They really dont bring anything to the gaming table that cheaper options do,and do better.

For FPSs you want soundstage and imaging=AKGs,Philips X1/X2,Beyer DT880/990

For other gaming you want immersion=bass

Unless im totally missing something the Elear doesnt make much sense to me,but heck,if thats what you want and have the cash....why not.

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #10 of 13
Ok, maybe the Focal Elear is an overkill of gaming only purpose. I do have the money for it, I might as well just get the Utopia to one up my LCD3.

What about the v-moda Crossfade M-100?  I know it's a basshead can, which leads to me to think how awesome it would be for gaming.  How are the upper-range and soundstage width?

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #11 of 13
Never tried them...have read that they need a pad change to feel semi comfortable for long sessions tho.

TBH I heard The Elear @ CanJam NYC and wasnt impressed...The Utopia was incredible but thats insane cash.

If I were you Id pick up some Fidelio X2s and call it a day...If youre hellbent on dropping big dollars,Id look into the two new ZMF headphones

Eikon~1299.00
Atticus-crazy bass!~999.00

both will need a decent amp,but im assuming you already have that since LCD-3......

Or the Mr.Speakers AEON~ 799.00,one of the best sounding closed backs Ive ever heard and ultra comfortable

Feb 7, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #12 of 13
  Ok, maybe the Focal Elear is an overkill of gaming only purpose. I do have the money for it, I might as well just get the Utopia to one up my LCD3.

What about the v-moda Crossfade M-100?  I know it's a basshead can, which leads to me to think how awesome it would be for gaming.  How are the upper-range and soundstage width?

I would say soundstage width is just average on the M100. If you get it, you'll want to get the XL pads for comfort. Did you look into the HE400S or 400i?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back