Looking for recommendations on a IEM's/AMP set
Nov 25, 2018 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sergio Tavares

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

New to the forum and a newbie in audio stuff here. I am looking for a new combo IEM's + Portable DAC/AMP to use while travelling. Audio source would be FLAC files / Spotify streaming through a Android mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 8) and likely in the future DSD files.

My current hardware is a second hand IFI Nano iDSD (which, although small in size, isn't that portable friendly), and a set of Beyerdinamic's Byron (wired version).

I'd like to upgrade this combo on a 300 euros budget. From the stuff I've read on the last couple of weeks, I am inclined for a iBasso lT01+Topping NX4 DSD set. Any opinions about this and alternative suggestions are welcomed.

As a footnote, I found HINDZIS HD1000 DAC/AMP a good alternative also, although a little more expensive than the NX4 - which would effect the available money fir the IEM's.

Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #2 of 3
I would probably spend the entire budget on IEMs unless there is something really wrong with the IFI in which case a DragonFly might be a decent choice.
I am also looking for IEMs at the moment. My budget is a bit more flexible but the Fiio FH5 keep on popping into the list.

Dec 2, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi

Thanks for the feedback.

The IFI is fine in terms of working status. The reason to be looking for a new DAC/AMP is to get something that is less "boxy" to carry on with my smartphone. The IFI is a bit "bulky" for that. I'll keep the IFI as a DAC from my laptop to my home amp (Marantz PM6005) for listening DSD+FLAC files from JRIVER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back