Looking for recommendations ( Isolation, soundstage , mids)
Apr 23, 2017 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

truereflections

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for rec's in the 300-500 range. I lost my campfire audio jupiters and looking to replace.
really liked those and thinking of getting those bstock again.

Important to me is #1- Isolation,  then widesoundstage followed by mids. Looking for something thats more fun than neutral to listen too.

I've tried;
Dunu 2000 (returned, sounded great ,bad fit ),  triple fi 10s (loved) Cosmic ears ce6ps (okay, but one earbud broke) , an older pair of westones (too neutral)

Currently have FLC8S which i'm really not impressed with, and the isolation is bad.

any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 5
Looking for rec's in the 300-500 range. I lost my campfire audio jupiters and looking to replace.
really liked those and thinking of getting those bstock again.

Important to me is #1- Isolation,  then widesoundstage followed by mids. Looking for something thats more fun than neutral to listen too.

I've tried;
Dunu 2000 (returned, sounded great ,bad fit ),  triple fi 10s (loved) Cosmic ears ce6ps (okay, but one earbud broke) , an older pair of westones (too neutral)

Currently have FLC8S which i'm really not impressed with, and the isolation is bad.

any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Did you really get your jupiter for 300-500$? You could check out Oriolus.

Aug 25, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #5 of 5
The Sony's are horrible for isolation and ability to use the best isolating tips is very limited on those.

My bet would be Shure SE535 with Comply P -series tips. Anything that inserts deep and fits P-series complys offer the best isolation. Whether SE535 is enough in terms of Sounstage and mids, is another thing altogther.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back