Looking for recommendations - CK10-SE535 hybrid CIEM
May 28, 2018 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Benjamin6264

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey group. I'm thinking of getting a custom IEM made using my (currently unusable) Audio-Technica CK10's TWFK balanced armatures, but with an added Sonion 3300 dual BA from a pair of (also currently unusable) Shure SE535.

The reshell would be made by AAW, whose executive assistant indicated that they can do such a reshell and adjust the crossovers (Sonion 3300 for bass, low TWFK for mids, high TWFK for highs).

Should I go for it? Or stick to reshelling the CK10 as they are?

I want to retain the CK10's signature for the most part, but add fullness and extension to the low end, and maybe make the high treble (above 10k) shine even more (I like a V-shape sound). I don't know if or how much the reshelling itself will improve the bass response or affect sound signature overall.

I could buy a replacement universal shell and repair the E535, so the fact that I can't use them as is does not play a factor in the decision. The CK10 will definitely need a reshell.

TL;DR: Experience with hybrid frankenstein-type reshells, AAW reshells, 2 low 1 mid 1 high configuration in any IEM/CIEM, Sonion 3300 and TWFK balanced armatures, CK10x3/4/5/6 reshell, etc...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back