Looking for recommendations - cheap headset for work
May 30, 2013 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

solbergg

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, all.

At work we are expected to be ready to teleconference with others, so we were given a cheap logitech headset in order to do so. The problem with this set is that it bleeds sound terribly, so I'm thinking of getting a better set that is closed.  I know many people recommend getting a separate desktop microphone, and that is actually what I do at home.  That setup isn't great here though since I have an office mate, so a headset is ideal so I can talk more softly.  

Because this is for work, I'm not looking for anything fantastic.  I'll primarily use it to listen to Pandora and teleconferencing, so my source will just be the headphone out jack on the desktop computer.  I'm thinking around ~$30 is realistic.  Because this is work, smaller is better.  Is there anything out there that might fit the bill, or should I just suck it up and use the logicrap?

Thanks!

May 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 3
Hmm i think $50 and under cans +  modmic would be a good place to start ^^
http://www.head-fi.org/t/639064/best-sub-50-over-ear-headphones
i have owned and heard Superlux 668B and JVC RX700 and loved em but if u have a chance to sample more then you could judge which ones u like
darthsmile.gif

May 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the info.  After some digging around I found the AKG K81DJ for $37 on Amazon and I got a Zalman for it.  That's a little bit more than my initial budget, but it appears to be a great price for the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back