Looking for really good isolation
Feb 9, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #16 of 22
Under 200 you can probably find a Klipsch image X10~(in the US, or FS forum)... it sounds and seals really good with universal fit~

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #17 of 22
so if I threw everything out of the window, and would just ask what <200e IEM gives the best isolation, what would your answers then be?

Feb 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #18 of 22
What????? 260 euro????? where on earth are you trying to buy them from? that an outrageous price

Advanced MP3 Players Shure SE420 Sound Isolating Earphones

just used them as i know they ship outside the uk, im sure if you search about u will find something in the netherlands that sells for similar

Feb 9, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #19 of 22
Amazon = 270
musicstore = 280
digitalstreet.nl = 320
applestore = 350

I have no idea why but they are well expensive.

That website you gave are far better prices, especially with the pound=euro. For that price I would actually consider the Triplefi 10 or SE530, any opinions on those compared to eachother?

I see you have alot of IEM's, what is your favorite (or are your favorites)?

Feb 9, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What????? 260 euro????? where on earth are you trying to buy them from? that an outrageous price

Advanced MP3 Players Shure SE420 Sound Isolating Earphones

just used them as i know they ship outside the uk, im sure if you search about u will find something in the netherlands that sells for similar

we are lucky to be in the UK.. in the euro-zone the prices are way higher, for example the cheapest se530 you can find in Germany are 370Euro..

vvanrij - you'd be better off ordering from the UK, many sellers over here ship to EU, some of them even without surcharge. Also have a look in the 'For sale' forum, many guys selling from UK don't mind shippingto EU, you can get hold of a good bargain.

Feb 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For that price I would actually consider the Triplefi 10 or SE530, any opinions on those

In simple terms I believe the two break down like this:

Triple fi: Cheaper. More neutral than 530's, have better highs. Has user replaceable cables. If you are looking for good isolation, this may not be your best choice since much of the UE population report of having a problem with the fit (I'm one of them, from having owned SF5p and SF5 EB) and worst fit is usually worse isolation.

530's: More expensive. Better mids and lowrange and more forward, but rolled off highs. Many documented cases of cable problems, which is non-user replaceable. People generally have a better experience achieving a fit/isolation with these compared to UE phones, especially with the Olives. Once a good fit is found isolation is almost second to none.

Feb 9, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #22 of 22
Hmm so I guess I should go for the 530's then, just gotta find the cheapest place to buy them, uk people, any suggestion
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back