Looking for really bassy IEM, Super.fi 5 EB?
Dec 25, 2008 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

wtfwtflol

Head-Fier
The first thing you should know is I am a bass freak. I've got a ground-shaking subwoofer in my room and the bass unit of my car audio system is so loud it can make chests hurt. I listen and like bass so much, when i got my zune 80gb, there were no bass at all with the included "premiun" earphone. I also own the CX300 and CX400, these were little bit more bassy but certainly not enough.

Recently i got the new zune 120gb and now i need a really bassy in-ears. I dont like cans because they are too bulky, the idea of having an pmp is to take it to anywhere.

After an extensive search in almost everywhere, i found the UE super.fi 5 EB. thse are told to be very bassy but kills some of the treb and mid. not really a problem, since i was ok with my CX300.
The other one i found are the SA6, with customizable bass ports. I could maximize the bass with this function.

Are these good? are there other options, sub-$200 bassy in ears?

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 18
Klipsch Image, Denon C751, Super.Fi 5 EB, and if you can get one of the Sennheiser IE series for within your budget all have fairly strong bass. If you really just want something that delivers ridiculous bass and don't care about the treble though.. probably the 5 EBs are your best bet.

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you really just want something that delivers ridiculous bass and don't care about the treble though.. probably the 5 EBs are your best bet.

Bingo.

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 18
Future Sonics Atrio M5.

Anything else and you'll probably be back here again looking for something else.

The 5 EB would be a second, although substantially muddier and less enjoyable, choice (requires heavy EQ, IMO).

Klipsch Image X10 has less bass than either but is a very fun and warm IEM that doesn't disappoint and is very comfortable.

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 18
Thanks all for replies...What about the SA6 in what comes to bass?

And about the "muddy" and less enjoyable sound of the UE... Are the mids and high of the super.fi5EB better than CX300's? If so, these are perfect.

Somehow the quality of the atrios M5 is not very convincing (by the looks). And the lack of repleaceable cable is a con for me.

I basically listen to electronic, trance, hiphop, rap and RnB.

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #6 of 18
The Atrio is either the sturdiest or second sturdiest IEM I have.

Replaceable cables also have their own issues, either from upgradeitis or connectors coming loose over time.

Haven't heard the CX300, so couldn't tell you.

Also, the Atrio (and the X10, BTW) is good for all of those genres while the 5 EB is only good for some.

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #7 of 18
Futuresonics Atrio have great bass. Best I have ever heard in an iem and go as deep as Darth Beyers.

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #8 of 18
Supposedly, from a post I read here, SE530 is perfect for hip hop. Because they bring the vocals forward and produce high quality and enough quantity of bass. But they are out of my price range.

Are there any cheaper alternatives to the SE530? For example, the lesser models of the Shure line.

Here is the thread I am speaking of:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/s...nes-me-394205/

Dec 26, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfwtflol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks all for replies...What about the SA6 in what comes to bass?

And about the "muddy" and less enjoyable sound of the UE... Are the mids and high of the super.fi5EB better than CX300's? If so, these are perfect.

Somehow the quality of the atrios M5 is not very convincing (by the looks). And the lack of repleaceable cable is a con for me.

I basically listen to electronic, trance, hiphop, rap and RnB.

About the SA6, it is anything but a basshead can. The bass is just slightly more than the ER4p.

About the EB, IMHO no, its mids and highs are not better than the CX300. If you are getting it you are going to need to be a basshead who doesn't care about the rest of the spectrum. The M5 is easily a class above the EB and offers slightly more than just being a basshead can.

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #10 of 18
From what I have heard, I would suggest the Future Sonics Atrio M5 also. The EB's are good, but have you seen how far they
stick out of your ear?! You don't really have a ton of choices
for what your looking for, anything below the EB and Atrio
may not satisfy you.

Dec 26, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #12 of 18
the klipsch image x10 is great for bass addicts... it gives you the bass you want and allows for treble and mid to still sound great

Dec 26, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #15 of 18
I am still leaning toward the Super.fi EB with my budget as well. I like to listen to lyrics and bass at the same time. Does the bass of EB overshadow the vocals/lyrics in a song?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back