Looking for pure amp $200 or less for denon ah-d7000
May 26, 2017 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Brando

500+ Head-Fier
I plan on using line out from my onkyo receiver so no dac is necessary. I want every dollar spent on this amp to go into low thd, low noise floor, having sufficient power, dynamics, and build quality. Just a good amp with line in and no frills. The dac in my receiver seems to be great but the headphone out is just decent. I want to do my phones justice. Also tired of having to plug them in and take them back out all the time wearing out the gold plug coating. Thank you for your help!

May 27, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #4 of 20
The Objective 2 has been ordered. It looks like really a nice amp. Thanks for the push in the right direction. Looking forward to trying it out.

May 29, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #7 of 20
will do. i'm not sure it'll be better than the headphone out on my receiver since it's turned out to be surprisingly good but it's been so long since I have a separate amp that I hope to be pleasantly surprised. If nothing else it'll be more convenient than plugging in the phones all the time. i almost feel like taking the top off my onkyo to see what the headphone section looks like. i didn't give it a fair chance and not that i've listened to more music through it, it's actually pretty nice. still can't wait for the o2 to arrive so i can see what it's all about. i think i read that jds labs makes one of the better 02's out there.

May 30, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #10 of 20
that looks like a really nice amp but it's expensive. also, isn't it for higher impedance?

Do you have any other DAC/AMP reccomendarions for around $200 that aren't bright sounding and are more neutral or warm? I don't want a tube amp.
I don't think he knows just posting to get his post count up.

Jun 2, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #12 of 20
welp, apparently the line out on my receiver can only pass through analog signals and optical won't work. the only thing i can listen to from it is am/fm radio. extremely bummed. i found one station without too much static but the quality wasn't there to test the amp properly. annoying. guess it's going back. damn you onkyo!

Jun 2, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #13 of 20
welp, apparently the line out on my receiver can only pass through analog signals and optical won't work. the only thing i can listen to from it is am/fm radio. extremely bummed. i found one station without too much static but the quality wasn't there to test the amp properly. annoying. guess it's going back. damn you onkyo!

what model is it?

Jun 2, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #15 of 20

I suggest reading the whole manual about the zone setup, page 33 should explain it and you should be able to select zone 2, then optical and it should work fine.

Perform the following procedure when the
unit is on.
1. Press REMOTE MODE ZONE 2 (a) on
the remote controller.
The remote controller switches to the
mode for controlling ZONE 2.
2. Face the remote controller at this unit
and press
(power on symbol)
The "Z2" indicator on the display lights.
3. Press the input selector (d) of the input
you want to play in the separate room.
On the main unit, after pressing ZONE
2, within 8 seconds turn the INPUT
dial to select the input to be played in
the separate room. To play the same
source in the main room and separate
room, press ZONE 2 on the main unit
twice.
4. Adjust the volume on the pre-main
amplifier for the separate room.

Users who are viewing this thread