looking for powerful mid range headphone!
Nov 1, 2005 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Josh Choi

New Head-Fier
hello-

i am looking for headphone that has powerful midrange, and some high pitch-
there should me 'okay' bass too~

i heard grado has some kind like that, but i want to know more headphones.

recommand me please!!!
280smile.gif

Nov 1, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 11
You are about to get a flood of people telling you to use the search function, but here is my opinion anyway.

Grado is without a doubt, the midrange king. I have tried many headphones in the $100-300 range and nothing does mids like Grado. If you can afford it, go for the SR-225 or possibly the HF-1 (only available on this website). With the right set of pads (reverse modded Senn HD-414 pads) even the SR-60 can but out solid bass. Some people will say that Grados are harsh or fatiguing, but I don't finde them to be (especially the HF-1). Comfort is a bit of an issue since Grados are supra-aural (rest on your ears) rather than circumaural (rest around your ears). If you really like the sound, you can get Zeta pads form Headphile.com and really increase the comfort too.

Nov 1, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 11
Before ruling senns out completely, consider the HD 595's. I find that they cover the mid-range extremely well. From what I have heard, they are far more comfortable and less fatiguing as a comparable phone in the grado line as well.

Nov 1, 2005 at 8:31 PM Post #5 of 11
No no no, rule out Senns completely, they are worthless pieces of...

Nah just kidding. It is true that HD-595s are more comfortable on all but the biggest of heads. And they are very smooth and non-fatiguing. To my ears they just do not do guitars justice. But there are a lot of people who disagree with me.

The Senn HD-595 are comparable to the SR-225 or possibly the 325is in terms of quality and performance, as well as price. However they do sound different. Which one is better? Well that is really a matter of preference. In a perfect world, get both. In a more realistic world, try to hear both before deciding. Just remeber to use your music, and not a demo disc.

edit: I wish I could type, then I would not have to edit all of my posts.

Nov 1, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by dag655321
edit: I wish I could type, then I would not have to edit all of my posts.

Maybe you need one of these (you'll only get these and variations thereof - which incidentally are worth checking out if you need fancy Windows keys and such - when buying new, however).
tongue.gif
Incidentally, I'm currently typing on the 1391403 variety of the former.
EDIT: Oops, 1000th post
eek.gif

Nov 1, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #7 of 11
K501

HF1 has sweet mids too IMHO but theres a GOOD dose of bass to fill it out.... so its more than just mids.
Garrett

Nov 1, 2005 at 11:19 PM Post #10 of 11
grado has good mids,
I find the bass a bit lacking, but haven't tried the senn padds (there on their way).
Haven't heard the senn. hd 595 though.
But when you count the posts of grado, grado is the place to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back