Looking for portable IEMs around 150 USD.
Mar 13, 2017 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

johnyr

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I am looking for a replacement of my Vsonic GR07. I like the sound of the GR07, so I am looking for something of a similar overall quality. I don't care too much about some analytical details that are heard only with a dedicated amp, I, however, want a quality phones that would be capable of reproducing more complex music (classical, jazz, opera, acappella vocal music).

The basic requirements are:
Detachable cable
Cable leading over the ear
Good sealing (I am using the phones on public transport with a lot of ambient noise)

Some filters to adjust the sound would be nice but not a must.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #3 of 7
Have you looked into the Shure SE215 for $99? It meets your list of criteria, and seems to be well-loved here on Head-Fi and elsewhere.

I don't own that set, but am thinking about that pair or the MEE Pinnacle P1 myself. Hope it works out for you one way or another. Hit me up if you have other questions—maybe I can help answer a few.

Mar 13, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 7
You might check out the RHA MA750 and the 1More Triple Driver and see what you think. The RHA has a three-year warranty and the 1More just sounds incredible. The Shure does meet several of your criteria, however, it is severely rolled off in the treble, which may or may not be an issue for you. Worth knowing about, though. The Dunu DN-1000 is one more good one that you might look into. It sounds terrific. One final option is the FIdue A73--sounds excellent, well-made. Detachable cables are fairly hard to come by in this price range. The RHA does have the 3-yr warranty, though, which somewhat guards against cable damage. FWIW. A few thoughts.

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 7
  You might check out the RHA MA750 and the 1More Triple Driver and see what you think. The RHA has a three-year warranty and the 1More just sounds incredible. The Shure does meet several of your criteria, however, it is severely rolled off in the treble, which may or may not be an issue for you. Worth knowing about, though. The Dunu DN-1000 is one more good one that you might look into. It sounds terrific. One final option is the FIdue A73--sounds excellent, well-made. Detachable cables are fairly hard to come by in this price range. The RHA does have the 3-yr warranty, though, which somewhat guards against cable damage. FWIW. A few thoughts.

I'm not sure any of these meet the isolation requirement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back