Looking for portable headphones or iem, budget ~200 usd, suitable for rap/60s, 70s and indie rock/instrumental/jazz
Feb 23, 2014 at 11:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JSt83

New Head-Fier
Hi. First post, been reading a lot. Title says a lot. Also of importance is the looks. I'm charmed by the sennheiser momentum on ears, can get them for a nice price here in Holland. Fidelio l1 seem nice. They will be used mostly on train or by foot. Plugged in to my smartphone, no amp. Some Isolation is nice, but don't want to be completely Isolated. Any suggestions?

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Hey dude,

The Momentum on-ear has great sound but are uncomfortable after a while, so I'd suggest you'd try them on before you'd buy them. The L1's also seem to have a mixed reaction. I'd suggest maybe the HifiMan RE-400 and the Sennheiser Amperior as well as the V-Moda M-80's.

Hoped this helped!

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks Garraty, I'll see if I can try them on one of these days. I'm not in a rush to buy anyway. Amperior and M-80 are above budget unfortunately. The HifiMan RE-400 are nicely priced, gonna have to read up on those.

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 4
Hey, you're welcome!

The RE-400 have a great sound, as I've heard. The only questionable thing I've heard is that the build quality is meh but then again, most IEMS if not all are like them and HifiMan should have a warranty.

EDIT: I checked and there is a 30 day refund and a one year warranty if you buy them straight from HifiMan or Head Direct. (https://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=143)

Hope this helped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back