Looking for portable audio player matching my criteria
Dec 11, 2010 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mchen

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am looking to buy a new music player. I used to own an iPod Classic 6G 120GB, but it often skips through entire albums without playing anything, which I've tried to fix and found no solution for. I also want to take the chance to try something new.

I would like to get a new player that has as many of these criteria as possible (in decreasing order of importance):

- at least 60GB (insertable memory cards are okay)
- gapless playback
- has a visible screen
- small enough (can fit in pockets comfortably)
- can easily sync with folder to add files not already on the player
- battery life > 6 hours
- supports Asian characters (my Zune 120 did not)

Irrelevant:
- touch screen
- displaying cover art
- being able to play video
- being able to play FLAC

I have searched the forums but it is difficult to find posters with the exact same needs as mine, so I posted a new thread. Thank you in advance.

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 5
From the pictures, it looks fine for size. It has a very nice design, but I might like something a little less expensive. I would be using it for playing music, and the pretty colours would go to waste! Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 5
I don't know many other HDD players, as most over 60gb are. There are a few 64gb flash based players, like the iPod touch, or Zune (I think there's a Zune).

Maybe a used Creative Zen Vision M. I don't know how well received that will be around here. Some people don't like creative products, but oh well.

Most newer players have touch screens and the whole nine yards. It's kind of expected that a 60+ gb player is a media hub nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back