Looking for Places to get Custom Art Painted on Livewires
Feb 5, 2008 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

essasin

Head-Fier
I know Earpeace Tech does custom art but it's not exactly what I was looking for. When I spoke to Martha, she said it was more like a decal design that is layered and coated on top of the monitor. I'm looking for a complete painted faceplate.

I looked around locally at tattoo artist, painters, and I even went to a nail saloon that does artwork on acrylic nails with no luck. Does anyone know where I can get this done or can do it themselves? I'd want to get a camouflage design on my face plates.

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #2 of 8
Would it be worth asking any art supply stores or art colleges if they know anyone or anywhere?

Failing that, you could try emailing Ultimate Ears and asking if they know anybody who might undertake such work.

Let us know if you find anything, I'm sure other LiveWires owners might be interested.

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 8
personally, i would be concerned with the possibly of the paint/clear coat chipping off the snout of the IEM and causing damage within your ear canal.

mind you, inserting and removing them from your ear wouldn't necessarily cause it to chip, but as soon as you drop those IEMs or they get banged around.. it can cause stress fractures in the clear coat or paint and decide one day to lodge a lil chip in your ear canal for some fun times.

Feb 6, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by essasin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try the art schools and art supplies stores. I think I'll be safe painting the face plates. I will report back.

Please do, i should be getting the impressions done for mine soon, finally!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back