Looking for phones
Feb 15, 2005 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kal_el_3914

Head-Fier
I am a newbie, and am looking for phones to compliment my new creavtive zen micro. I'm looking at the sony mdr-ex71sl. This is the highest my current part time income will alow me to get. I realise they aren't the greatest, but are they better than the buds that come with the zen micro. Or is there something else i should look into in the <$35 range? I'm looking for earbud, in the ear, or banded in the ear (ex senn. px10) style phones. Something disecreet, but that can be used while active (ie running, skateboarding, acts of random stupidity).
etysmile.gif
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 15, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 6
If youre after isolation, youre stuck in no-man's land. $15 more more will get you MD33s, $35 more will get you e2cs...but thats about it. IMHO sony EX## should be avoided unless you like excessive treble and recessed mids.

If you dont need isolation you might want to consider sennheiser MX or koss 60 ohm line.

Garrett

Feb 16, 2005 at 12:16 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the help! I think i'm going to go with the ksc-75's. On a side note, I'm going to build a cmoy (no real use for it untill i can get better cans, but i need a project and since my current obsession is portable audio it seems fitting), will these bennefit from amplification? I eventually plan to get a set of shure's or ety's and some grado's, but untill then it's prolly just going to sit unless it'll help these out at all.

Feb 16, 2005 at 12:37 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kal_el_3914
Thanks for the help! I think i'm going to go with the ksc-75's. On a side note, I'm going to build a cmoy (no real use for it untill i can get better cans, but i need a project and since my current obsession is portable audio it seems fitting), will these bennefit from amplification? I eventually plan to get a set of shure's or ety's and some grado's, but untill then it's prolly just going to sit unless it'll help these out at all.

IMHO Yes.

IMHO a cmoy powered KSC75 or porta is a great value.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back