Looking for over the ear headphones, already have some IEMs though.
Nov 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SpartyOn

New Head-Fier
Hey, I'm new to the forums and I am looking for some cheaper over the head head phones. I currently have a pair of Monster Gratitude IEMs and they have been great! I really love them. But i was also looking for a pair of headphones to accompany them when I am sitting at my desk etc. I was actually looking at a couple headphones under 100 dollars. I was really considering the Sony V6 but also looking at the grado sr60i and CAD mh310. I am just scared that if i purchase another headphone it wont match the quality of my Gratitudes and will just collect dust. I just need a cheap pair of headphones that kinda surpass my gratitudes or at least match it. I hope thats not a lot to ask haha. I usually listen to i want to say piano driven stuff with female lead vocals maybe with an accompanying band. Sara Bareilles is the epitome i guess. I listen to lossless (ALAC) music and it comes out of my macbook or an ipod touch first gen (i was looking to get a cmoy but couldnt justify it because i only had IEMs and will only use headphones at my desk). So i guess the real question is does anyone have the Sony V6 and Gratitudes and can say its a good buy to have both?

TL;DR: I want a pair of headphones (looking at sony v6) to go along with Monster Gratitudes. Dont want to buy if sound quality isnt comparable or better than gratitudes though.

Thanks!

Nov 8, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #2 of 3
hmmm..

Maybe you want to tell us more about what you like/dislike about the gratitude? It would give everyone reading the thread a sense of what you want to improve on and provide better suggestions. 

:) 

Nov 8, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 3
haha thanks for the quick reply! Im not sure what there isnt to like about the gratitude? Sometimes i think the vocals are a little recessed? I am not sure if its the artist who did that but i feel like on a couple albums the vocals are a little back while everything else is a little forward? Im a real rookie at this haha. I also dont really like the in ear aspect of the phones as much as i thought i would. I really like the clarity though and i really like the bass it seems like i can hear super low notes yet still hear very slight things such as the echo in a live auditorium (it was a live album). Im not sure if that helped you though haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back