Looking for over the ear earbuds
Oct 30, 2008 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hermes_vb

New Head-Fier
My current cheap iPod earbuds keep falling off. I need something that will stay attached to my ear, but I don't like the ones that plug into your ear canal. They are uncomfortable.I simply can't stand them. I also need to be able to hear outside noise (at work) so that's a second strike against the in-ear ones. They don't have to be top of the line headphones since I already have one of those but can't use them at work. They are too big. I just want a decent sounding pair that will stay on.

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 7
Check the sennheiser website. They make some earbuds with this knob thing that sticks out, and what you do is put them in, then twist and the knob thingy goes under one of the folds in your outer ear and locks the buds in place.

Nov 2, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #5 of 7
Yeap, the Sennheiser twist-to-fit earbuds are a good solution. Also, there are some earbuds that come with earhook things. Philips sells a cheap set, if I recall. Don't remember if they sound any good, though.

Nov 2, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #6 of 7
41D6MC3Y7WL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I have used these before(my friend has them and I was listening to his ipod). Sound quality is OK and they are quite comfortable in the ears(not like a canalphone). Downside is the isolation is very low, but the OP doesn't want much isolation.

Or go with these Sonys:

41xrWNYXXyL._SS400_.jpg

I've seen many pairs of these on campus and over the last few years. Doesn't really say much about SQ, but it is a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back