Looking for over ear IEMs under 75 ish
Sep 27, 2017 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Cdn1234

New Head-Fier
Title says a lot..

So I kinda want these as beater headphones. My top end pair is are some Grado sr335e's, but I can't use those anywhere but home. As for IEMS, I got some Etys but I want something with good isolation just slightly less than those, and with more life to them.

Ideally looking for a warm ish sound signature, I tried the 1More Trip driver and just plain wasn't a fan.

Right now I'm looking at the Mee Audio M6 Pro, a little at the Shure SE215 (although I've heard the treble on those is kinda messed up), and kinda the Brainwavz R3, but those two are a little high for beaters.

If I can get them under $60 that would be great.

I don't need detachable cable, although it is good for longevity purposes, especially with beaters. These should isolate a decent amount, not too much (ex. Ety tier isolation). And I want an alive, exciting sound signature- not analytical or basshead, and I didn't care for the 1Mkre triple driver which is V/U shaped so I prob don't want that either, so a warmer sound signature, good for rock mostly (King Crimson, Floyd, Skynrd, Creedence, Smashing Pumpkins) and classical, specifically bombastic classical (think Dies Irae, Carmina Burana, Pics. At an exhibition Baba Yaga/Great gate of Kiev, Holst's Mars, the bringer of war). More rock than classical tho. And I want over the ear simply for the fact that I like it better that way.

Any thoughts are appreciated and I don't need you to suggest from the ones I mentioned, any will work. As for the budget, if there's one for around $80 that deserves to be worth much much more I will consider it but I really want to stay lower in price here, and high in build quality and longevity.

Thanks so much!!!

Edit: also if it looks kinda cool and colorful that's a plus but really not too big a deal to me.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #2 of 3
The ones that meet your criteria and come to mind are $20 or so over budget and those are the RHA MA750. Over-ear, fairly balanced, comfy and kinda cool-looking. Not basshead. There are others that tick many of your boxes and are in your price range but they are not over-ear (Beyer Byron and SoundMAGIC E10C). FWIW. Of course, YMMV.

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 3
The ones that meet your criteria and come to mind are $20 or so over budget and those are the RHA MA750. Over-ear, fairly balanced, comfy and kinda cool-looking. Not basshead. There are others that tick many of your boxes and are in your price range but they are not over-ear (Beyer Byron and SoundMAGIC E10C). FWIW. Of course, YMMV.
Yeah I saw those too, I might just have to take a bit of a budget hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back