Looking for Over Ear Headphones for wife, ~$50 or so.
Mar 8, 2016 at 10:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bose301s

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for some decent over ear headphones for my wife, she isn't big into music or sound or anything, just wants to use them at work. Looking at around $50 so that I can get ones that hopefully won't fall apart right away and that will sound decent for her and maybe get her to care about sound, lol. Probably will be driven by phone or laptop that is a consideration but most at this price range are probably intended to be driven like that. I look forward to any reccomendations I may receive.

Mar 8, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 7
Haven't used or tried them, but the Brainwavz HM2 seem like a decent buy at just under $50.

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm2-headphones

2 year warranty, 2 cables (1 so it can be used with a phone), comes with a hard case, travel friendly and ships free worldwide. Looks hard to  beat!

Mar 8, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #4 of 7
I am looking at your user name. I will start with this: Buy Other Sound Equipment. Sony MDR-V6 is slightly above the $50.00 mark. Also check out Koss Porta Pro.

Mar 8, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 7
Anyone have any experience with the Audio Technica ATH-M20x or M30x? Looking at those based on the reputation of the M50x but that doesn't mean the lower ones will be any good.

Mar 8, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 7
The Koss ProDJ 100 may be worth looking into.  You can usually find them at around 50 bucks on amazon and I don't own them, but my friend has some and I think they sound great for the price, but the thing that blew me away was the construction.  All aluminum, so they probably won't break any time soon.  Comfortable, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back