Looking for Ovear-Ear headphones, need assistance.
Jun 4, 2016 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

DenvilX

New Head-Fier
Greetings. 

I'm looking for new pair of headphones, because my old beats pro cables got cut in one connection and it is impossible to repair. Don't blame me, i got Pro version for around 100 EUR and they were legit, which i find really awesome.

My price range is under 200EUR (around 230USD), however, this is flexible in case headphones are really good and worth it.
I'm looking for Over-Ear headphones (must), which have detachable cable (must) and which can fold inside for easier transportation, or to the side, like beats pro do (would be nice, but not a must). I'm going to use it outdoors while traveling as well as indoors. Design is something i care about, but this is subjective. For instance, i can say, that i hate B&W P7 type headphones. I don't mind the isolation, nor i do care about headphones being open or closed. 
I listen to many genres, rock, metal, core, jazz, indie to be named. Because of this I would appreciate a good balance overall, instead of super bass,but because of my money limit this might be not that possible. I will listen from Phone and iPod 5th gen with and without pocket AMP and from Notebook.
So far i found models like V-Moda M100 (not sure, if it is worth 250 EUR which are asked in Germany for them), Sony MDR-1A (design is okayish, but this cable placement seems odd to me, and not that useful, when you're running trough the city to a meeting.), and AT MSR7 (the model is a bit old, as well as design is a bit better than Sony).

Now you have information, what i'm looking for, i have few extra questions: 
1.) What is the difference between Audio Technica SonicPro and SonicFuel headphones?
2.) How hard it feels nowadays, when you have active noise cancellation in headphones? Does it still make this odd ssshhhh sound, whenever no music is played/track is switched and it is on? 
3.) How good are V-Moda LP2 balance wise as well as are they good for 170 EUR, or it is too much? Or it is really worth it to force extra 80 EUR and buy M100?

Thank you very much for visiting this topic and reading. Hope you will help. Cheers!

P.S. Recently I bought House of Marley XLBT headphones, which i found would be perfect for me, howeveer, the audio quality is very okayish and not satisfying as well as ear cups are too small for me. The lower part of ear is either pressed with cup or below the cup, which makes wearing it for longer, than 1 hour uncomfortable.
P.S.2 Excuse me, if I posted it in wrong style or wrong forum part. 

Jun 4, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #2 of 14
The V-Moda M100 may be over your budget but they are superb both in sound quality and build. Within your budget, you may want to consider the excellent Koss SP540, the extremely popular Audio Technica ATH-M50X or the Sony MDR-100AAP which have the same driver with the MDR-1A but in a more compact design.

Jun 4, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #3 of 14
Do you have any comprasions between V-Moda models? XS/M100/LP2. It is somewhat expensive to me, you're right, but i'd like to know, what am i loosing paying less for a lesser model.
ATH M50X i don't really like the design. MSR7 seems better with it. Sadly, i fell into cave, where my headphones are also part of my personality "costume" and is somewhat important as well. Because of that, I will consider SP540, but also don't really like the design of it.

Thanks for your response!

UPD: Checked out 100AAP. I would rather buy MDR-1A speaking of looks. Headband doesn't seem promising or durable.

Jun 4, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #4 of 14
The XS is a very good portable/mobile option. If you are seriously interested in an open can (which surprises me if you are going to be wearing the hp outside), then you should look at the HiFiMAN HE 400S. It folds, has a detachable cable, and has superb sound quality for the money. Definitely worth checking out.

Jun 4, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #5 of 14
My bad, didn't see XS is open, but still, I don't really mind that. I do listen pretty loud, so it won't be a problem to me and people in my city aren't that tolerate, so screw them (yeah, i know, i'm bad). HE 400S looks glorious. If only they didn't have this double band, i would have bought them already. Thanks for the response!

Jun 4, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #7 of 14
Another model to consider which are both stylish and of high quality are the Sennheiser Urbanite, currently for only 99 euros on Amazon DE (original price 179 euros). There is also the larger Urbanite XL version for 122 euros (original price 229 euros).

Jun 4, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #8 of 14
Thank you all for responses. So far i got a good alternatives but i kinda fell in love with V-Moda and might consider eating ramen for next 2 weeks to get them. Could someone explain me the difference between LP2 and M-100? 

Jun 4, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #10 of 14
Both are quite bassy. The m100 has more detail retrieval, IMO. If you are thinking m100, you probably can't go wrong with it--as long as you like a bass-emphasized sound signature. If you don't like bass a lot, don't get either the m100 or the LP2. Look elsewhere.

Jun 4, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #11 of 14
Another model, popular in Germany and made in Germany, is the Teufel Real Z for 180 euros. Excellent quality.
http://m.teufel.de/?ac_type=warenkorb&ac_name=update&vw_type=artikel&vw_name=detail&vw_id=15606&lang=en&delivery_country=48

Jun 4, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #12 of 14
I just thought of another great set of headphones which I believe satisfies your requirements: Philips Fidelio L2. Great sound and great build quality and looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back