Looking for options for somewhat reasonably priced good quality hardware EQ.
Nov 15, 2011 at 7:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RPGWiZaRD

Headphoneus Supremus
Like topic suggests, I'm looking for a hardware EQ since I'm at the point I simply don't want to limit my options for the source (read soundcard) depending on how great EQs they come bundled with. An EQ seems like a must have to me. I'd want it to have AT LEAST 10-bands but the more the better obviously. I'd want to stay under $200 / 150 EUR or so if possible, might concider slightly expensier if you think it's worth it.

Is there something that can even be used for a headphone setup, that can be connected to a soundcard / USB DAC or something that has a headphone jack on it etc.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #2 of 3
I've been admiring the DEQ2496 from Behringer (amazon has it for $260 shipped, it retails for a lot more than that) since I was discussing with some people the question of whether the HD800 could be EQ'd into not sucking compared to the LCD3.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #3 of 3
Yea I've seen this one and it looks really really sweet. I've also checked the cheaper ones such as http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/FBQ3102.aspx - the DEQ2496 you mentioned is like 259 EUR but this FBQ3102 costs only 109 EUR.

But what I wonder is how do you even connect these things to something like a soundcard or is it even possible, will it work if you buy some converter cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back