Looking for opinions on new headphones
Jan 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #16 of 19
Well this sounds like a typical head-fi experience.  Start off with a $100-120 price range and spend 50% more. 
biggrin.gif

The HD 598's are well liked around here, and I'm sure you'll enjoy them too.

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
Well this sounds like a typical head-fi experience.  Start off with a $100-120 price range and spend 50% more. 
biggrin.gif

Yeah I don't know who I was kidding. I'd never have been satisfied unless I found an amazing deal on something two times as good as what I was expecting. Thanks again! I hope they'll be an amazing step up from my HD 202's.

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #18 of 19

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Heh, yeah, that's pretty much what happened to me.  I came here with an $80-$100 budget for a new pair of IEMs, and came out with close to $600 in various audio gear in a matter of months.  For the record, my wallet hates you guys, but my ears love it :p.

@OP: I think you'll enjoy the HD598s, and if you don't hear a significant difference at first, try switching back and forth.  It's amazing what your ears can trick you into thinking - when I first used them, I thought my mostly neutral GR07s sounded nearly the same as my old bass-bloated CX500s.

Jan 8, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #19 of 19
Yeah, after a couple months of listening to my new HD 598's I'm planning on plugging in my old HD 202's again and listen to the difference.
Anyway, now I'm in the market for a new sound card to drive this thing. Heading over to the computer audio section now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back