Looking for opinions on best budget wireless speaker setup
May 3, 2016 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dperolio

New Head-Fier
Hey there guys.

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a good value buy of wireless speakers that I can use via USB or Bluetooth. I would prefer 2.1 for sound immersion if possible, since these will mainly be used when I watch TV/movies through my HTPC. I have headphones and PC speakers, but I also need some wireless speakers that I can place near my bed to use with my TV (which is connected to my computer). If you think a single speaker solution would be better suited for me though, feel free to let me know. I've just found that single speakers don't really have any bass or "depth", I can't immerse myself like a true home theater setup--- which I understand I won't be able to do with a cheap 2.1 setup either, but it should be better than a single speaker I think.

My max budget is really ~$300, preferably more like $200. But if I can get some speaker setup for $350 or maybe even $400 that's vastly superior to others in its budget range, I will consider.

Some I've been considering / looking at:

Klipsch ProMedia THX 2.1 Wireless
Harman Kardon SoundSticks Wireless 2.1
Harman Kardon Aura
Polk Audio Hampden AM6510-A Bluetooth
Sonos Play
Bose SoundTouch

Thanks for any comments / insight you can provide. :)

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #2 of 2
The HEOS by Denon 1 and 3 both fit into your price range and have hookup for Bluetooth, USB and WiFi so you can literally stream through just about any methods you’re in the mood for. They have surprisingly big sound for their compact size, and even the HEOS 1 has a woofer so the sound for movies is great in small to medium rooms. Definitely good for most bedroom-size spaces that you’re looking for. They have a full HomeCinema option as well if you really are looking for an upgrade, but it might be too much for what you’re looking for. I’d definitely recommend the HEOS 1 or 3, which is a good compromise of budget and sound. Check out the line for yourself and see what you think: https://usa.denon.com/us/wireless-multi-room-music-system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back