Looking for open cans
Feb 8, 2010 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bovice

Head-Fier
After having some trouble w/ my ATH-M50s, I've finally turned around on them and I think they're amazing now, after enough use and upgrading my mp3 player.

Which would be the open can equiv of ATH-M50s? My friend has a pair of open cans and I like how they sound for some of the songs I listen to and for games, so I decided it'd be nice to have an open can equiv for those purposes.

My initial thought was the ATH-700, but what do yo guys think?

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 7
I listen to about everything, so there's a wide range, but I'd use these for the lighter types of music. Pop, Classical, and gaming, ect. I also listen to hip hop and more bass heavy things, but I would most likely use my m50 for those. Comfort isn't a concern, I'd rather something that sounds good and feels like **** than vice versa.

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #4 of 7
dt880 are well suited since i can tell you need something all-rounder. the bass is tight and relaxing, but if you're a bass head, you might find them too analytical.

depends what your source/amp is. you can go for 32ohm if you're running them straight to an ipod, 32ohm might be the best way to go.

did i also mention that beyer cans are extremely comfortable?!!
beyersmile.png

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #5 of 7
I really like Grados, especially the economical SR-60, which is a great phone to tinker with and improve. At $79 new, you should look into these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back