Looking for old computer 2.1 system super cheap
Dec 17, 2021 at 11:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

joeydgraffix

100+ Head-Fier
Back in the early 2000s there was a 2.1 system. Small compact, volume knobs on the small speakers while the "Sub" was like a 4 inch speaker.
I don't know if its from logitech or creative labs or sound blaster pro.

Usually they had craappy sound but one of them, the board put out excellent sound but the speakers weren't up to par.

All I remember is that they had color coded bright green and red wire plugs, the 2 smaller speakers were a bit curved and on one fhtem they had a volume
slider. Does anyone know what speaker system I'm talking about? Its been 2 hours and found nothing.

Dec 18, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #2 of 4
Back in the early 2000s there was a 2.1 system. Small compact, volume knobs on the small speakers while the "Sub" was like a 4 inch speaker.
I don't know if its from logitech or creative labs or sound blaster pro.

Usually they had craappy sound but one of them, the board put out excellent sound but the speakers weren't up to par.

All I remember is that they had color coded bright green and red wire plugs, the 2 smaller speakers were a bit curved and on one fhtem they had a volume
slider. Does anyone know what speaker system I'm talking about? Its been 2 hours and found nothing.
Have you tried searching on eBay? It's a good place to look when searching for photos and information about obsolete gear.

Dec 18, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #3 of 4
Have you tried searching on eBay? It's a good place to look when searching for photos and information about obsolete gear.
I did all last night! I thought someobe would have this system. It was quite common back in the days, cause it was early 200s I’d Say and you could get 2.1 with a “4”inch WHOPING size of a subwoofer . I dont know it it was logitech or creative labs that made it.

They were the normal, all black, 2 little seakers, they were almost like cubes or maybe they were? With 1 volume slider on one side, and all the yellow pink and now i remember a Grey colored plug connected to the Sub.

I tried all search engines, eBay, completed, sold, unsold, on sale..I just wnat that damn board. Whatever it did to the sound I loved it. Even when I ended up getting my way more expensive Mirage Omnistats I still missed whatever sound Creative or whoever had created. I always wanted to take teh board out and use it as a cross through for my system. It didn’t have enough power for speakers, but the sound, damn. I just always wanted to hear it on actual speakers

Dec 18, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 4
Good luck finding this creature, sounds like a fun project.

I recall circa 1999 before the dot.com crash there were quite a few 2.1 desktop systems introduced in the marketplace, elevating computer-based music listening including the Monsoon 500 Speaker System and the Harman Kardon Soundsticks plus iSub, which looked great. I still have an old pair of Apple-branded Bose RoomMate speakers that I purchased in1989 that continue to work. I had to re-cone them ten years ago, they just will not die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back