looking for nice over ear headphones
Aug 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

benboxbob

New Head-Fier
hi,
I bought Bose OE2 a while back and i found the sound quite nice but over about half an hour  I had to stop using them as my ears were real sore and hot. I had sennheiser PX 200 ii's as well but they had the same problem. so I'm now going for over ear instead of on ear. i was wondering which ones to get. i don't want huge ones but ones big enough to cover my ears. I've got medium sized ears. if you could post pictures as well that would be fantastic if not that's grand. i can spend up to 200 euros so about 250 dollars. i listen to rock and rap if it helps. i liked the look of the v moda LP2's but i herd they aren't great sound wise
thanks for your help,

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #6 of 9
I have between small and medium ears and I've had the M80 and lp not lp2s.I The M80's would pretty much fit over my ears most days and they'd get hot to where I'd sweat. They sound great within a price range and are built like tanks. I dropped them several times from at least a six foot counter top. The lp is exactly the same as the lp2s in terms of build and the clamp just closed them so tight my head would sweat and get hot worse then the M80's.

Oh. To make things worse the clamp on both headphones made my head sore after awhile to the point I'd have to take them off. But in all reality at your price range, if I were you, I'd probably go with the Denon AH-D2000 the newest Denon line came out so the price could be found. They aren't as portable but imo will fill your needs better. They'd work straight from an iPod or phone but would benefit from a portable amp.

All assuming your going portable.

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #7 of 9
VMODA M100 ? :) Sept release...

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #9 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back