Looking for nice looking cloth covered wiring with cool designs on em
Aug 4, 2011 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Freeze

500+ Head-Fier
I don't need like all these exotic metals and what not just a quality built 6 foot mini to mini for an Ultrasone pro 900. I really like the feel of the cloth covered wires. I don't believe special metals and crystallized coppers and silver gold alloy wire and even pure gold wires make a real difference. But I really like the build quality and the looks it can provide. I like the feel of the cloth type covered wires don't know what they are called.

Would love if someone could send me links to various manufacturers that can make them. Would love to have lots of cloth designs to choose from for the outer cord.

Also would consider using a highly respected DIY'er from here that sells cables to the USA

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 7

What exactly are you wanting? Are you wanting individual wires covered in cotton that you'll put together somehow, or are you looking for a conventional jacketed cable covered with cotton?

se

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 7
Just a nice mid grade cable nothing incredibly exotic but not complete budget materials either. Needs to be nice and flexible as my pro 900 cable. I just want the cable wrapped in a nice cloth the outside jacket. Want it to be a shiny silvery color like the headphones.

Aug 4, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #4 of 7

Ah, ok.

If you want shiny and silvery, then I'm afraid I can't help you. Not aware of any cotton thread that's silvery AND shiny. You pretty much need synthetics for that.

I suppose you could also just get a nice flexible microphone cable like one of the Mogamis and just strip off the outer jacket. That will leave you with the shiny, silvery braided shield.

se

Aug 4, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #5 of 7
Eddy YGPM, what options am I looking at as far as type of wire (ofc/occ copper, 99.99 silver, 99/1 silver gold), Type of 8th inch plugs, cable flexibility, colors of soft flexible cloth to cover the jacket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back