Looking for new stuff
Mar 20, 2019 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hconverse02

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm new here, I am looking in the direction of a portable pair of iem's, and I have a starter pair right now, but I would like to get something a little better. I am also browsing for a new dac/amp both under $300 each. I enjoy music and hope I can learn more being on this forum

Mar 20, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #3 of 6
Hi, what's your budget on the iems? Also what will be your source and music tastes.
Budget: (it’ll end up being a present) but either 200/300 for the iems and dac/amp each. As for tastes, I like neutral but would to look for something with heightened bass/mids that isn’t too punchy. I listen to mostly lofi, hip hop, r&b and some rap, but nothing too specific. Edit: also I’ve currently only started off with some shp9500s, tin t2s and a portable peach tree shift so I want to find something for a dac/amp at home and good iems that I’ll use consistently.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #4 of 6
Budget: (it’ll end up being a present) but either 200/300 for the iems and dac/amp each. As for tastes, I like neutral but would to look for something with heightened bass/mids that isn’t too punchy. I listen to mostly lofi, hip hop, r&b and some rap, but nothing too specific. Edit: also I’ve currently only started off with some shp9500s, tin t2s and a portable peach tree shift so I want to find something for a dac/amp at home and good iems that I’ll use consistently.
Hi, maybe check out the new Final Audio range esp the E4000 and the E5000 models. A recent review was posted here comparing the two. With regard to a DAC/AMP I'm not too up to speed but FIIO would be a good reference point. Am sure other members will chime in to help.

Mar 20, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #5 of 6
Hi, maybe check out the new Final Audio range esp the E4000 and the E5000 models. A recent review was posted here comparing the two. With regard to a DAC/AMP I'm not too up to speed but FIIO would be a good reference point. Am sure other members will chime in to help.
I saw some reviews about those, and to specify my tastes even more I would prefer something that had a bit more isolation (although I have not checked them out yet fully) further than just using foam tips.

Mar 20, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #6 of 6
I saw some reviews about those, and to specify my tastes even more I would prefer something that had a bit more isolation (although I have not checked them out yet fully) further than just using foam tips.
Yep, I heard that as well but I took the plunge on the e4000 and am very impressed. re... Isolation, I find them perfect for my personal listening environment. They really shine with a bit of oomph when playing say through a phone though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back