Looking for new speakers: Mission 764i or Clements Unknown Model?
Jan 8, 2007 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Eien

New Head-Fier
I've been looking around the local stores lately (I don't really have the option of online buying) for a new set of speakers to replace the Sansui SFX-9s I have now. I can't seem to find much.

There's a $175 set of Clements that I don't know the model of in a pawnshop. They look exactly like the 308di but without the lower driver. I haven't had the chance to listen to them yet.

Then there's a pair of used Mission 764i speakers in a high-end audio store. They want $175 for them, because the woofer and tweeter are damaged in one of the towers. I've been quoted $80 to replace said damaged drivers. Aside from that though, they sound pretty good. They're also bi-wirable.

I'm wondering: which would be the better deal? I don't know much about either brand, so I'm hoping someone here can help me. Also, if it matters, they'll be driven by a Yamaha RX-V590 receiver using my computer as the source.

Jan 12, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 3
I've yet to get an actual price on fixing the Missions. I did, however, find out the model of the Clements. They're the 208di model. I'm still wondering which would be the better buy, as aside from the damaged woofer and tweeter in the Missions, both pairs are in good condition.
Still no recommendations on which way to go?

Jan 13, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #3 of 3
I vote for the Missions I have a pair of 760i and am impressed with the sound out of such a small cabinet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back