looking for new set of open ear phones
Nov 3, 2009 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

SaxonFSU

Head-Fier
i would like some input on the differences slash pros and cons of the following headphones.

i listen to mainly hardrock but also folk, and blues,

im looking for something around 100 dollars so any others you'd like to mention would be greatly appreciated,

i use a good quality cmoy as an amp

the ones i have come up with so far are as fallows

akg k240(my current favorites)

audio technica ath ad700

grado sr 80 or 60/80i or 60i( what are the differences?)

and the sennheiser hd555

thanks for all the help

Nov 3, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 11
yes im using ipod line out, and a recording audio interface for the output to the cmoy

whats ms1?

Nov 3, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 11
im really looking for more of the large headphone style, ive herd that the k240's are really good and a standard on the market.

anyone have experience?

Nov 3, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by SaxonFSU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im really looking for more of the large headphone style, ive herd that the k240's are really good and a standard on the market.

anyone have experience?

large? did you go to the headphone section?
Alessandro High-End Products
i only have experience with the HD555s and i thought they were pretty good for 100$ sorry i cant help anymore but im sure someone with experience with the k240s will post.

Nov 3, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #7 of 11
I would have to say the same as I've said before, the Senn HD-650's or the Denon D5000's. Once I got my 650's I couldn't go back to the 555's again.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by SaxonFSU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are the ms-1's acoustically accurate? like good for mixing in the studio?

I know a student (college) recording engineer that uses ms1i's for recording. He claims its great for the initial recording of live performances. They are said to be more neutral than Grados but how much more I'm not sure. I wasn't able to listen to them long enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back