Looking For new set of IEMs $150-250
Oct 10, 2008 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bamaboy

New Head-Fier
hey guys first post here, been reading and searching, there is ALOT of info on here, maybe a little much
dt880smile.png

but looking for a new set of phones, price range is 200+- 50$, somewhere in that range, listen to pretty much only rap, rock, and alt, i work for a car audio shop, got ALOT of stuff in the truck, so much i like my music to sound good, and want some bass to back it up, i dont really listen to music that loud with headphones, so loudness isnt really a problem, using it with mainly a iphone

have vmoda bass freqs and some creative buds that look like the sennheiser ones, like the bass in vmodas, little dirty, unless its rap other music dosent sound good

so started off looking at the UE Super Fi 5 and 5 pro, read a little bit about uncomfortable of the pro and how the new regular 5 sounds just as good and alot easier to wear for cheaper, which is always a plus, like the EBs they are just too big for me

started reading some more and had a good bit more pop out,really liked the Sleek SA6, Futuresonics M5, Q-jays, klipsch, etc...

alot of what looks like good options, just hard to limit it down to 1 choice that im going to enjoy for some time, so any help would be appreciated, this is first step into "nicer" IEMs

thanks

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 5
Check Westone UM2, Shure SE530... these retail for $300.00 and 500 respectively, but you can find them for about 260 and 280, respectively, on eBay... so it's just a bit more.

Also the Sleek Audio 6 seems popular now too.

I had the Super.fi 5 Pro and they just didn't fit my ear well. Some people obviously love them and they sound pretty good...just the fit is not made for my ear.

Check earphonesolutions.com for more reviews and such.

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #3 of 5
If you really want bass, try to live with the super fi 5 EB

If you can stretch your budget a little, go for Westone UM2

If you want something that can make some bass but is flexible and on the lower-price end, go for sleek SA6

Oct 10, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 5
Um2 looks nice, might spring some extra for them, i was reading alot on the Atrios M5s and the SA6 last night, both look like good choices, how would either rank between the UM2 for sound and bass, if i can save money and still get good sound, it would be perfect, in college so not a huge amt of extra cash flow

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #5 of 5
Never heard the UM2, but I have the SA6 and M5. For bass, the M5 is amazing, better than the SA6. The M5 has a warmer sound that the SA6, not thatthe SA6 sound cold and analytical. The SA6 are definitely warm for balanced armature phones. But if you want slightly more clarity and detail and better mids and highs SA6 comes out on top of the M5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back