Looking for new portable circumaural headphones ~$200 CAD
Mar 29, 2012 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Fortunex

Head-Fier

Hiya,

I currently have a pair of Alessandro MS1s, and I like them a lot, but am looking for an upgrade.

What I want:
  1. Closed with good isolation (going to be using them on public transit and in class)
  2. More bass (I love bass, and my MS1s aren't cutting it for electronica and some bassier songs in other genres), but I don't want bloated/muddy bass like one gets from Beats.
  3. Comfortable, I'm gonna be wearing these for long periods of time
  4. Clearer/more detailed, it's hard to pick out details sometimes with my MS1s which makes it hard to make out/learn the strumming pattern and such of some/many faster songs.
  5. Better soundstage
  6. ~$200 CAD (I can go up to $300-$350 if they don't require an amp, but I'm gonna be getting an iBasso T3 if they do, unless there's a better amp around that price that's portable and usable while being charged)

I'm more or less looking for a closed version of the MS1s with more bass and a clearer sound. My home source is my PC with an Asus Xonar DG -> iBasso T3 (if I get it), portable will be a 2nd gen iPod Touch -> LOD  -> iBasso T3
I listen mainly to rock and metal, some electronica and a little bit of other genres.

Headphones I'm currently considering: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80Ω, Shure SRH840, Audio Technica ATH-M50
Thanks for reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back