Looking for new over ear closed headphones. $150-200 budget
Dec 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kodefoo

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am looking for some durable, great isolation, very comfortable closed over ear headphones. I need them not to bleed because i don't want to bother the people around me. I don't care how fugle they look nor do i care about portability. I will be using them at home connected to my pc using the on board sound card so nothing special. I will be wearing them for long periods of time because i do a lot of tele-commute contracting. So they need to be comfortable for stints of 3-8hrs. I also hate it when my ears get all hot and sweaty. I currently am using IEMS (brainwavz m4) because i like my ears to be nice and cool. I love the isolation i get from them, i am using foam comfy tips,  but i don't like having to take them out and then re-seat them whenever someone wants to ask me a question or talk to me.

The music i listen too is mostly different forms of metal and epic soundtrack stuff like:

Tyr
Powerwolf
Epica
Stratovarius
Belekor
Dark Tranquility
Eluveitie
Ensiferum
Erra
3 inches of blood
Amon Amarth

I also will be using them for gaming, I play:

FFXIV 
Starbound
Minecraft
GW2
League of Legends
Kerbal Space Program

I have gone through a few headphones already and they were "gaming headphones" like the corsiar vengence 2000 and some turtle beach sets. I hated the vengence because they had to much bass and were not clear enough have terrible durability.The turtle beach ones were alright but bleed pretty bad plus the left ear went out in them in less than a year.  So any gaming headphone is out of the question. I want great sounding headphones and i am just going to buy a mic separate. Thanks again. You guys helped me find the perfect iems  and now i am back for more advice.

EDIT: Would the Sennheiser HD25-1 II be something that would work?

Dec 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 2
Audio Technica ATH-A900X, closed headphones, used $150
Hifiman Velour ear pads, $10 plus shipping.

optional
Asus Xonar DG sound card, $27.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back