Looking for new mp3 player
Mar 28, 2008 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

x-kevin

Head-Fier
hey guys,

i wanted your opinion(s) on which new mp3 player to buy. i want something with good quality, but i don't want to have to spend a ton of money.

.... on another note.. has anyone heard about transcend or centon players?? are they any good?

Mar 28, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 5
a sony a806 is good, as the new ones are coming out. Their price will drop consequently.

Mar 29, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #4 of 5
It depends on your definition of "a ton of money." It also depends on what you're looking for in an mp3 player.

For $249 I've been very happy with my iPod Classic 80 gig. Solid build, slim design, bright scratch resistant screen. I listen to it for an average of 4-6 hours a day. I've had it for 6 months, with no freeze-ups, no skipping, no problems. Big storage space for 320 kbps files, a dozen or so movies, 50 some podcasts, and a database of calendar and contact items, plus usage as high capacity jump drive to transport large 3d art files from home to work. Also, the battery charge lasts an insanely long time between charges.

SQ, to my ears, is just fine. Arguably, there are probably better players out there for audiophile sound, but I've never really listened to anything else, so take my advice for what it's worth... purely subjective. But, paired up with my ER-4P IEMs, the sound is great, and I can't imagine giving up all of my Classic's other features for a different player.

But that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

Mar 29, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #5 of 5
So in other words you will blindly get whatever people wanna say is the best? You can't go wrong with basicly any audio player. If you purchase an average PMP you could get an amp to make it sound louder and cleaner. I would say you should go with a D2 if you have micrsds lying around, iPod classic if you want a lot of memory, and if you mean ton of money in the same way I do, I would buy a used broken Karma and fix that right up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back