Looking for new IEMs
Feb 7, 2018 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

automaton

100+ Head-Fier
So...looking to take a dive back into the world of IEMs after going full-sized for a while, and really no idea where to start. My big concern is ergonomics, I want something that doesn't tangle easy, good for mobile listening, and looks decent. Appreciate whatever recs folks can provide. Might give the KZ ZS6 a shot, not a big deal at $35. On the other end of the spectrum, the Audeze iSine 10 are $180 right now, but not sure about ergonomics.

Budget - Under $150 USD...can go a little higher...

Source - Galaxy s7

Requirements for Isolation - Lots

Will you be using these Headphones in Public? Yes

Preferred Type of Headphone - IEMs

Preferred tonal balance - Maybe a little v-shaped, but balanced overall.

Past headphones - For IEMs: currently own Monster Miles Davis Tribute (getting a little old!) and Shure SLC4. Like the sound on both, but ready to try something different. Shures have big thick cable, that's kinda long for on-the-go use. Detachable cables would be a plus. MDT are blue and gold, look a little gaudy at this point.

Preferred Music - Mostly industrial/electronic/ebm

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #12 of 23
If you would like a spacious dynamic thick airy and crisp but never sibilant IEM with amazing instrument separation and micro details for $100.00 then pick up the iBasso IT01s and thank Paul from ibasso later. The awesome thick OFC cable is worth the price of admition and they sound great with all genres and are easy to drive and sound amazing from my FiiO x3ii my note 4 and laptop, amazing listening experience and not just for an IEM.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...e-multilayered-graphene-driver-99-usd.865037/

Feb 8, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #13 of 23
If you would like a spacious dynamic thick airy and crisp but never sibilant IEM with amazing instrument separation and micro details for $100.00 then pick up the iBasso IT01s and thank Paul from ibasso later. The awesome thick OFC cable is worth the price of admition and they sound great with all genres and are easy to drive and sound amazing from my FiiO x3ii my note 4 and laptop, amazing listening experience and not just for an IEM.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...e-multilayered-graphene-driver-99-usd.865037/
Thanks. How do these handle electronic music? That's mainly what I'll be using them for.

Feb 8, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #15 of 23
Thanks. How do these handle electronic music? That's mainly what I'll be using them for.
Like a dream, Bassnectar Skrillex Griz Gramatik all have delicious dynamic fast and detailed tight bass and some sub bass that I've never heard in songs I've listened to for years. The spacious and detailed midrange and treble bring in micro details galore and have given me new respect for the work that these artists put into their music. I listen to them 6+ hours a day and I listen to most genres and I'm addicted to the beautiful delicious dynamic music I'm hearing from all sources.
If there's a particular song or artist let me know and I'll fire it up on Spotify if I don't have it on my x3ii and share what I hear from them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back