Looking for new IEM's
Feb 3, 2010 at 9:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rebel908

New Head-Fier
My second-hand Westone 3's are messing up and I'm looking to get new IEM's. Obviously I am considering new Westone 3's but the Sennheiser IE8's are intriguing. Also eBay has a lot of new Triple-Fi 10's for sub 200, but I am at a crossroads.

I listen to a lot of rock and hip-hop and I like a good neutral dynamic, possibly with a slight edge to bass. Anyone have suggestions Tom the three or a better suggestion.

Feb 3, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #2 of 5
Please get the HIPPO VB, the members who review IEM's mentioned that they sound like the Grado's ideal for you
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #3 of 5
Why would he want a sub $100 Iem if he's willing to pay for the westone 3?

Anyway, to the op add the hje900s to your list. Excellent treble, good mids when modded, and nice punchy bass. Not Crazy in your face bass like the atrios or something, but they have punchy bass that blends in with the music very well.

Feb 3, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinobi00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would he want a sub $100 Iem if he's willing to pay for the westone 3?

Anyway, to the op add the hje900s to your list. Excellent treble, good mids when modded, and nice punchy bass. Not Crazy in your face bass like the atrios or something, but they have punchy bass that blends in with the music very well.

I'am saving him money and getting him nice IEM's

Feb 3, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #5 of 5
If you prefer neutral or maybe a slight edge to the bass you probably should cross the IE8 off your list. I have it and enjoy it but neutral it is not and for an IEM it is a bass monster. It's very clean and doesn't bleed into other frequencies but it is certainly pumped up. I've never heard the TF10's so can't help there.

I like my SE530's for rock/metal. It is very mid-focused but that complements rock very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back