Looking for new IEMs! (With Poll)
Nov 23, 2015 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wburton

100+ Head-Fier
Since my old IEMs have recently blown out, I am on the markey for a new pair. I haven't been online in nearly two years but I need some help once again. The main three I'm looking at are the Piston IIIs, the Carbo Tenores, and the T1-Es. I am leaning toward the T1-E from what I have heard, but I am open to new opinions or suggestions. Any suggestion in the sub-50 price range is welcome. I mostly listen to the Grateful Dead and Phish, so clear sound is a must but I also want some punch.
wburton

Nov 24, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 8
Well I just got the Tenores a couple weeks ago and I love them, have probably close at least 50 hours on them. Stock tips and Meelec Double Flange are perfect

Clicky Click for Tips

From what I'm reading the T1-E has enhanced bass so that would compare with the Carbo Basso not Tenore's. Regular T1 looks like it is the match for the Tenore as far as neutrality goes

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #4 of 8

From what I'm reading the T1-E has enhanced bass so that would compare with the Carbo Basso not Tenore's. Regular T1 looks like it is the match for the Tenore as far as neutrality goes

Thanks! I will look at the Bassos. I don't want overwhelming bass, but I definitely want some tight punch. Do the Tenores deliver in that aspect or would I be better off with the Bassos?

Nov 25, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 8
The Tenores have plenty of punch, they are not sub bass heavy at all, its there but not in your face overwhelming, where as the Basso is sub bass driven and while many say it sounds awesome it does tend to bleed very very slightly into the mids. They say the 3D sound is better on Basso's. I have listened to Rock, Heavy Metal, R&B, Rap, Country, Pop, all variations of EDM (Dubstep, Trance, Chillstep, DnB), Jazz, Funk, Oldies, etc and just about everything sounds great on the Tenores. Rap is where is where it lacks a bit due to the lack of sub bass but still can sound really good. IMHO female vocals really shine on the Tenores, very intimate and airy sound that sometimes send chills down my spine and makes me smile. 

FWIW as far as IEM's I have:

Brainwavz Delta ($12)
V-Sonic GR02 ($40-50)
ThinkSound Rain ($50)

I love the Tenores over all of them, Tenores are really non fatiguing and have a damn good clarity/separation. I use to enjoy my Deltas and now they sound terrible to me lol

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #7 of 8
The Tenores have plenty of punch, they are not sub bass heavy at all, its there but not in your face overwhelming, where as the Basso is sub bass driven and while many say it sounds awesome it does tend to bleed very very slightly into the mids. They say the 3D sound is better on Basso's. I have listened to Rock, Heavy Metal, R&B, Rap, Country, Pop, all variations of EDM (Dubstep, Trance, Chillstep, DnB), Jazz, Funk, Oldies, etc and just about everything sounds great on the Tenores. Rap is where is where it lacks a bit due to the lack of sub bass but still can sound really good. IMHO female vocals really shine on the Tenores, very intimate and airy sound that sometimes send chills down my spine and makes me smile. 

FWIW as far as IEM's I have:

Brainwavz Delta ($12)

V-Sonic GR02 ($40-50)

ThinkSound Rain ($50)

I love the Tenores over all of them, Tenores are really non fatiguing and have a damn good clarity/separation. I use to enjoy my Deltas and now they sound terrible to me lol

Okay. I've been reading and the Bassos might be better for me. From what I've found they have a smoother sound and the bass is in the sweet spot between boomy and punchy. I am not sure. I might go with the T1-E; I have yet to find a bad review. They seem to be a good balance between Bassos and Tenores, a little bit tighter bass with crisper sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back