Looking for new IEMs - £150 Budget
Jan 13, 2014 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mackem

500+ Head-Fier
I have about £150 GBP to spend to upgrade my IEMs. I currently have the Zero Audio Carbo Basso and whilst I like them, I want something better (For lack of a better term). 

The music genre I listen to the most is Korean pop music by far (Female artists / groups mainly, song examples: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) but I also listen to some dance music and regular pop. I am looking for something that is lightweight (The lighter the better really), comfortable in the ears for longer durations, better than average build quality and something that can be worn straight down (Much prefer to wear my IEMs this way, wearing IEMs over the ear can be a bit fiddly with my glasses and it feels strange)

I want something that has bass when needed but doesn't ruin the mids and highs. 

Any recommendations? Please let me know if you need to know more.

Jan 13, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 7
I was going to mention the audio technica iem line, but you want down-the-ear-fit, so I can recommend the jvc iem line, as they have better value anyways. If isolation is not as important, the ha-fx500 wooden iems work great. If isolation is of importance, the ha-fxt90 twin driver iems work in that area. Since you like k-pop a lot, the jvcs will work great, but do check on signs for genuine vs. fake iems for both models and return/exchange policies for the vendor you are using for purchase.

Jan 20, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #6 of 7
  oh i cant imagine either would be a bother being worn down.  they are a very straightforward design.

actually i did wear the 900 down the other day, was raining and i seem to have lost my brolly.  it was fine.

Ah I see. Just that there's so many split opinions on wearing them down that I'm not sure what to think really. I normally use medium sized single flange silicone tips on my Carbo Basso and they fit fine, but they're a hell of a lot lighter than the DN-1000s.

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #7 of 7
well wearing down isnt as secure as wearing up obviously.

yeah i used the complys so they would be a bit more grippy than the silicons would be.  still i wouldnt think they should be a problem.  maybe if your running or bouncing about it would be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back