Looking for new IEM under $50 with bass
May 18, 2011 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jetsfool

Head-Fier
ok. so im looking for a new pair of iem for hip hop and rap for under $50...
iv been looking and the klipsch which is a little over my budget, but i dont think im gonna go over $80
and also iv been looking at the bose IE2
im also open to any other suggestions, oh and the headphones also have to be comfortable. :)

May 18, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #2 of 11
Stay away from Bose.  Seriously.

Around 50 bucks...Brainwavz M2 or the Monster Turbine (refurbished directly from Monster).  If you want to go even cheaper, the 20 dollar JVC x67s are ridiculously comfortable and sound great for the price.

May 18, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #3 of 11
I have this and they are bad to the bone for bass.
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665774382

However they definitely lack the upper range of frequency. I believe they go high only up to 25Khz.

May 18, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
Stay away from Bose.  Seriously.

Around 50 bucks...Brainwavz M2 or the Monster Turbine (refurbished directly from Monster).  If you want to go even cheaper, the 20 dollar JVC x67s are ridiculously comfortable and sound great for the price.

the brainwavz m2 and monster turbine look good, but which one would you guys reccommend from the two. and also since its refurbished will it affect the sound from the originals?

May 19, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #9 of 11
Buying refurb shouldn't affect the sound at all...in fact, it might make the burn in process a lot shorter because they've already been used technically!  That shouldn't disuade you from choosing the Turbines at all.  I personally like them a bit better than the M2s, but either would be fantastic for hiphop and rap...which is all I listen to pretty much.

May 19, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
Buying refurb shouldn't affect the sound at all...in fact, it might make the burn in process a lot shorter because they've already been used technically!  That shouldn't disuade you from choosing the Turbines at all.  I personally like them a bit better than the M2s, but either would be fantastic for hiphop and rap...which is all I listen to pretty much.

ok, cool, thanks for the help.
and yeah i can tell by your atmosphere pic :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back