Looking for new Headphones
Nov 10, 2018 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Schueller

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, how are you?
I've been thinking lately of upgrading my headphones (and maybe the music player too later), and really am not sure where to look.

At the moment I have Sennheiser Momentum 2, the player is Cowon Plenue.
My budget is up to 1,000$
Looking for an Over-ear headphones with closed backs (I use the momentum for casual use, and although I wont neccesarely count on using the new headphones 'casually', I do plan to use them outdoors [usually at nights, listen to music outside somewhere quiet])

I'll list a couple of bands I like so you can have an idea of the sound I'm looking for (hopefully) :
Patrick Watson , Beach House, David Bowie, 70's Music, Chris Cornell, Chance the Rapper
Dir en grey, Deafheaven, Black Dhalia Murderer..
I do like Rock and Metal, tho I like quieter things too,..I do appreciate clean sound tho, I think.

I've been looking around Massdrop's site, and saw the Fotexes which seemed sweet, but Im not sure if they're really that better - I want a clear upgrade from the momentum. As stated before, the player Im using is Plenue 1 although I might upgrade this one too somewhere in the near future.

Thanks in advance guys,
Appreciate you taking your time to read it.
Cheers :)

Nov 10, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #3 of 3
I do appreciate clean sound tho, I think.

you might read about the Campfire Cascade.

IMO the midbass on the Cascade bleeds too much into the mids to consider it a "clean sound". Further for older warm recordings (Bowie,70s music) the Cascade is too warm for these types of recordings. It does sound pretty stellar for newer recordings though.

For portable and clean sound the Aeon Flow Closed comes to mind,but I found it lacking in impact and texture for hard rock and metal. For other genres it does sound amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back