Looking for new headphones
Nov 25, 2008 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SoliloCey

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys Im posting just to get some views... I've been looking for another headset, since my cousin broke my last set >.< so Im on the lookout, i had a listen to Bose on-ear, Sennheiser HD215, 555, 515.

However none satisfied my need... Bose were alright, and Sennheisers HD215 were the best of the pack, but I just didn't get a vibe, or the "these are the ones i have to buy".

Im keen on a fantastic soundstage in preferably a closed headphone. My music is pretty much indie, but mostly hip-hop(jurassic 5, The Roots, Redman, AOTP, JMT, etc.)

I have a list of the headphones im looking at some aren't portable, but been told they can be used for portability. Im just looking opinions, and how good they are for the following.

Build quality?
Isolation?
Soundstage?
Bass?
Comfort?
Portability?

looking at the following, these cans will be on the move all the time, day to day, but im willing to compromise portability for sound quality.

models im considering are:-

Audio Technica A700/900
Audio Technica AD-700
AT ES7
Ultrasone DJ1
Beyerdynamic DT 440

if anyone has any better suggestions Im all ears... but these are the ones Im looking at.

thanks

Nov 25, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #2 of 3
Erm, you seem to be asking for reviews and such. Might want to try searching first, 'cos there's been a lot said about some of these headphones (the ATs and Beyer esp.). Then maybe post again with a more nuanced question?

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #3 of 3
^ interesting that you have found a Beyer review, i came up trumps, the Audio technica SQ5, and ES7 i have come across, there wasn't any good enough reviews I've come across for the A700/900.

I do do my research before asking... The SQ5 look rather flimsy to me, but none of the reviews I came across really commented how good the build quality was for them. ES7 reviews were decent, and read 7, some loved it, some thought it was mediocre, which makes me question what the people who loved it, often liten their music to...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back