Looking for new Headphones
Dec 15, 2007 at 3:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kr1z

100+ Head-Fier
The Headphones I currently have are Sennheiser HD-595s and an X-FI XtremeMusic as its source. One problem with the headphones that they are open and it can be heard throughout the house. Although I thought the headphones sound great, I'm looking for something with a bit more bass. I'm also looking to upgrade my source as well to something better. I watch a lot of movies and music with my headphones, and a little gaming on the side.

Headphones price range : 150-250
Source : 100-150

I was suggested the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro and an E-MU 0404 USB, but I can not find any E-MU 0404 USB anymore? Remember it has to be closed headphones :/

Dec 18, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #5 of 6
The recommendation of the DT 770/80 was sound. They are extremely comfortable and sound great (especially for gaming where bass impact is really needed).

As for the EMU 0404...alas, I cannot help you.

Good luck,

Nylan

EDIT: I just did a search on google for "EMU 0404 USB" and came up with some sites where one could purchase. Give those a try.

Dec 18, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #6 of 6
I am actually thinking of the same set-up, except I will be starting with the HD595 - any reason for concern other than the fact they are not closed?

Also, I was going to pick up the 0404 too. It looks like it is widely available online - please let me know if you find otherwise, maybe they are all sold out? I want to hook it up to a Xbox360, listen to music & movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back