Looking for new headphones. Suggest something about Apex HPDJ1
Dec 25, 2013 at 5:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

partof

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone. I'm trying to find a new headphones with really good value.
Apex HPDJ1 costs around 35$-40$ and have a great specs(in comparison with 100$+ branded headphones) for this price.
Can anyone suggest if these headphones are good. Is it even right to choose headphones by specifications?
Maybe someone who owns them will throw in a little review by comparing them with praised Audio-Technica's ATH-A700 or ATH-A900X or hyped Sennheisers.
I will use them for gaming mostly, but will listen to various music too.
My budget is around 200$, but I like to get a good stuff at low price and really regret paying extra 50$ just for a brand.

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 2
Never heard of them. Sounds like you are going to have to try them and then write a review for us!

As far as specs, as is typical with headphones, the frequency response specs are meaningless. In this case, they say 5 Hz to 30 KHz. OK, but with what tolerance? Without knowing whether that range is +/- 3 dB (I guarantee it isn't), then you really have no idea whether it looks like a straight line or it has many huge peaks and valleys. Even with a decent frequency response graph, it is still very difficult to know how that graph will translate into sound you like/dislike. The sensitivity spec is a little odd - normally it would be in dB SPL/milliwatt. I'm not sure whether what they are saying translates to the same thing or not. If it does, then 107 dB is pretty good for driving with a phone or portable player. The other half of that spec is the impedance, which at 64 Ohms is a bit higher than many portable 'phones, but also probably OK with a portable player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back