Looking for new headphones - Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG or?
Mar 26, 2017 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Head-Fier
Hello. 

I am planning to purchase a new pair of headphones in the next few days. 
I will mainly be using them with Spotify Premium and in the future as a headset, probably with a Antlion Modmic attached. 

Originally I planned on buying the Philips Fidelio X2, but then i saw that there were some threads here on this website regarding quality control issues. That made me change my mind, and I then wanted to buy the Sennheiser Momentum 2 Overear headphones, but I was advised not to do so, as they were too expensive for what I'd get for my money. 

I would not consider myself an audiophile, but I'd like to get the best headphones possible for ca 220 dollars. 

I don't have the option to listen to any of the headphones from neither AKG, Beyerdynamic or AKG, so I guess i'll have to by them by your recommendation. 

I listen to a variety of music genres - all ranging from rap to techno and deathmetal. I don't have a seperate soundcard, AMP or DAC, but if you recommend one (If it's necessary) along with the headphones you think I should buy, I'd appreciate that. 

Can you give me an advice based on the info I have provided, or do you need more information?

Mar 28, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 3
I have decided to go with the Beyerdynamic DT-990 pro 250 Ohm. 

Now I just need to pick an external soundcard for my PC . I am thinking of choosing between the Asus Xonar U7 and the Creative Sound blaster X-fi HD. 

Any thoughts?

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 3
  I have decided to go with the Beyerdynamic DT-990 pro 250 Ohm. 

Now I just need to pick an external sound card for my PC . I am thinking of choosing between the Asus Xonar U7 and the Creative Sound blaster X-fi HD. 

Any thoughts?

Not sure the Asus Xonar U7's headphone amplifier is powerful enough to drive 250-Ohm Beyer headphones to their best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back