Looking for new headphones around the $1k mark...advice needed
Dec 21, 2011 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DrOctagon

100+ Head-Fier
I like a lively and musical, warm even, sound.  Feeling really involved with what I'm hearing is really important to me.  For many years now I've been enjoying an HD650 with a Blue Dragon v2 cable (...?  Been so long I can't even remember) almost exclusively, through a Headamp GS-1 and sourced by a Stello DA100.

What would compliment my gear nicely?  I love my HD650s, but they're getting up there in age and I think it's time to give what have been amazingly serviceable and comfortable headphones a break.  I'm in love with my current sound, but I could live with a moderate change in sonic signature, but as I do listen to my headphones a lot comfort is a must.  I'd love to go down the Grado route, but the lovely sounding RS-1s I had at one point were just too uncomfortable for me.

I don't know that I can justify a HD800 purchase at this point, but I can an Audeze LCD-2.  Is this my best bet, or is there anything else out there that's worth looking around at if one had say $1000ish to spend?

I enjoy a wide range of music, my tastes seem to be expanding for as much as I allow them to.  For the most part, when it comes down to it, I'm a sucker for something with a beat, a good rhythm.  I love being able to enjoy every bit of the deep articulation and presence that bass provides.  Gets me moving!

If you guys could advise me any which way, I'd surely appreciate it.  Thanks!

beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back