Looking for new earbuds to replace Sony E888s.
Jan 6, 2005 at 6:55 AM Post #16 of 33
actually, you'll be surprised how sturdy the whole hook mechanism actually is. the hook part looks flimsy but it's quite stiff. i also wear glasses and they are still the most comfortable pair of portable cans i own...even more comfortable than my em9d.

Jan 6, 2005 at 9:59 AM Post #17 of 33
Hmmm...well after even more comparisions...and thinking what I want, I want something that sounds like my multimeda computer speaker system...although I think that would be impossible in earbuds or even canal phones.

But I'm trying to compare a $500 CND Set of Creative Gigaworks S700s to earphones haha
smily_headphones1.gif

but yea my speakers sound amazing, now if I could only shrink them and shove em in my ear I would be set
smily_headphones1.gif

(I'm comparing them from the same source, using the same connections)

hmm compared to the gigaworks the tone is diffrent, I mean everything is there in the E888s...I can hear the things that I've only been able to hear from the Gigaworks even compared to the Logitech Z5500...hmmm

Okay so...something that has the same range as the E888s, but I guess sharper? not sure if that's the right term? I'll have to do more comparisions when it's not at 4 am and everyone else is sleeping haha
smily_headphones1.gif
hmmmmmmm...

Yea so earbuds that don't sound so muddled, the Isolation the E888 at the volume levels I listen it to is good enough, well maybe something with better isolation without going extreme that you can hear your self chew and stuff...but I don't want a more muddled sound, nor do I want to give up the audio range the E888s can reproduce,

lol, found even more problems with the e888s...rofl...

I need more bass definition, the bass is pretty um dull? and really not 'defined' well. Of course I'm trying to compare it to running a system with an 8" sub but still there should be something with it being right by my ear
tongue.gif

Jan 7, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #19 of 33
etymotic er6i will be sharp.

Jan 7, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #21 of 33
I dont think the ety's are for you, you said you dont want much isolation, these definatley aren't your phones

Jan 7, 2005 at 7:04 AM Post #22 of 33
yea, if I want to listen at home I have my speakers
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't take the bus...but whilst walking on campus I would like it so people can yell my name and I can still respond. As well I find that sometimes with isolation earbuds I can hear my self walk and chew gum :/

I think my choices are right now the AT CM7, another set of E888s, the Sharp MD33s, and the Sheinssier MX550...

or maybe the last 3 put together as that would still somewhat fit in my budget haha
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2005 at 7:13 AM Post #23 of 33
I had the 888's a few years back and gave them to my then GF who in turn lent it to her brother who left it in a friend's car.
frown.gif
I wasnt crazy about them because of the fit, but she loved them.

Jan 7, 2005 at 8:32 AM Post #24 of 33
I have the E-888's, Ex-71's, & Shure e3c's and like all three of them. Of the three the Shure's seem to me most musical, spacious and easy to listen to.
They don't have the low end of the ex-71's but are much more clean and detailed with better transient response & they are built exceptionally well. (Read my post on their sturdy construction with the search mode.)

Good Luck...

Mar 14, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #27 of 33
Hmmm loved those sony 888s they are the culprits (after breaking) of me ending up on this forum. Actually would love to get my hands on another pair and listen to them now.

I would forget the sony ex71s and the Sharp 33s, havent heard them, but were extensively compared to the Panasonic HJE50 which I ended up buying and those suck big time, so if the sound is at all similar its not worth even a good deal.

If being earbuds is not absolutely esential and you dont want isolation I would recomend the sennheiser Px100. For buds the Mx500 sound pretty good and are tremendously cheap for their sound, wouldnt know how they stand up against the 888s since mine broke quite some time before stumbling upon the Mx500s which would eventually take their place.

Mar 14, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #28 of 33
What about the sennheiser cx300 ? They´re getting great reviews over here. I would get some myself if I hadnt just ordered a pair of westone UM1s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back