Looking for new budget everyday headphone
Feb 14, 2013 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Don Tonberry

New Head-Fier
I've been using my JVC flats for quite some time now and they are just now starting to wear out a little so I'm looking for new headphones to replace them. I quite liked the sound of the Flats so I'd maybe prefer to get something similar and balanced like the Flats. I listen mainly to Rock, metal, classical, and instrumental music.  I might use them for a little bit of audio mixing. I have been looking at JVC HARX700, Monoprice 8323, Beyerdynamic DT235. I also thought about getting some new pads to extend the life of my Flats a little but I don't think it'd be worth it so if anyone has any opinions on what I should do it would really help me make my decision.

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #3 of 5
If isolation is not first priority then Koss Porta Pro are highly recommended because they offers amazing soundquality with punchy lowend(bass) for very low price, the other headphones like Philips Uptown, Sony XB600, Panasonic HDJE450 and AKG on ear are pretty good sounding for the price. 

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #4 of 5
Throw Noontec Zoro into the mix, so to speak!

What about Audio Technica ATH M35? WS55? Creative Aurvana Live!

My Monoprice 8323s will be with me soon. Got them out of curiosity. Dirt cheap and rave reviews!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back