Looking for new 'bassy' wireless headphones for around $100 CAD
Oct 22, 2019 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Flukey

New Head-Fier
I currently have the Bluedio's U2 UFO's, they're excellent headphones. Excellent bass, very durable - had them for almost two years now, but they're starting to fall apart. The hinge is bent a little - the frame is all-metal, and where the earcup rotates up and down is broken internally - so it slides around now. You can also hear something rattling around in them but it doesn't affect the sound quality and it isn't noticeable when using the headphones.

(These are them but in black)

https://www.amazon.ca/Bluedio-Bluetooth-Headphones-Patented-White-Silver/dp/B07BXG8G96

The thing is, these still sound amazing. I haven't heard anything better than these, the amount of bass they produce and the fact the bass doesn't distort the actual sound or drown anything out even at max volume to me is amazing. They will get very, very loud. They're rated at 120db, (SPL: 120dB) and the frequency response is 5Hz-25000Hz, but I am running an EQ and modified rom on my galaxy S6. I've raised the treble and bass a little bit, 20-30%, and the volume is separate from the headphones and phone. Yet, there's still no audible distortion.

That's the reason why I am so on the fence of getting new headphones or wait till these bite the dust, as they still work perfectly fine and the battery still lasts a whole week or longer. I want to make sure I get headphones that sound the same or better than these, and just as reliable.

I recorded how they sound like on my phone, but it's hard because, if I go above 15-20% volume, as soon as the bass kicks in it destroys my phone's microphone hahaha... I had the volume around 20-30% in the clip. The bass is very noticeable even on my laptop when I played the clip. And this is at 30% volume, nowhere close to the max of these headphones.

I went from Seether to Tyga, 21 Savage and then Echosmith... A rather big genre change but I wanted to capture what my headphones sound like on different genres. I mostly listen to classic rock, metal and rap and or hip hop. It mostly depends on my mood lol.

From the clip above, whats comparable and or better to what I have now from the same price range? I think I paid about $80-90 for these when I got them. I don't mind paying more, but as long as I know if they sound the better or the same as mine. I don't want to spend $200 or $300 on headphones either.

Thanks

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #2 of 2
Does anyone have any ideas? The youtube video is what my bluedios sound like, I want something in comparison to that or better. And keep in mind, that was only at 20% volume. Recording it via my phones microphones is very hard to do, and get a good sound reading from it without any distortion. It's more of a deeper-clearer and vibrant sound in person. While having a ton of bass and low-end as well.

Other than the Skullcandy crushers which I will never touch as I don't like the fact its 'faked' bass, theres no subwoofers in them. I also don't like the fact that it's cheaply made in comparison to my all-metal bluedios. If I am paying more than $130 for headphones, I'd expect them to last a full year, my friends Skullcandys hesh 3s broke within a few months. He had to tape the plastic hinge or else the ear cup would just dangle.

Oh and, those headphones failed on him a few weeks later. I am glad I never got any Skullcandys instead of my bluedios.

I've also seen the thread Cudam posted on the same day as me wanting to replace their bluedios too, but none of the headphones recommended there interest me.

I don't like the Sonys and the Audio tech ones. Way over my budget. (My limit is $150, I only paid $80 for mine, I would expect there to be something similar or better than them in the same price range.)

I also prefer the bulky design, heavier design of my bluedios.

After having these headphones with 8 drivers, I am never going back to headphones with just one driver.

Before I had my bluedios I had the 'House of Marley vibration 2s' they were terrible in comparison to the bluedios.
Yet I paid $10-20 more for those at BestBuy. ^^^^^^ J.U.N.K, In my opinion.
Never again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back